Bringing Baby Home is an educational program for pregnant couples and families with young children. It was designed and created by relationship experts, Drs. John and Julie Gottman, at The Relationship Research Institute in Seattle, Washington. The goal of the program is to improve the quality of life for babies and children by strengthening the parental relationship.
Dr. Gottman’s research shows that couples who have participated in the Bringing Baby Home™ Program experience:
- A significantly lower rate of postpartum mood disorders and depression
- A decrease in relationship hostility
- A higher level of relationship satisfaction
- A decreased likelihood of divorce
The content of the program evolved from Dr. Gottman’s 35 years of marriage and family research and is designed to teach parents ways to:
- Increase friendship in their relationship
- Deal effectively with conflict
- Keep dads involved in infant care and parenting
- Improve the quality of parent–infant interaction
- Recognize the psychological and emotional needs of their child
For more information about the Bringing Baby Home Program
Sandy E. White. Psy.D.
1501 Sulgrave Ave., Suite 308, Baltimore Maryland 21209